I have a love hate relationship with cooking. I love being able to sit down with T and enjoy a home cook, all from scratch i might add meal. However, when I turn and look at my kitchen & my sink I want to cringe because when making a home cooked meal it requires a lot of dishes. Well at least it does when I cook! Anyways, this is T and I’s favorite go to meal. Its in a crock pot, its so easy and it tastes home made (which it mainly is but you get the idea.)
- chicken breasts
- jar of salsa
- can of corn
- can of red enchilada sauce
- taco seasoning
- can of beans
- ranch powder
- taco shells
- cheese, sour cream, ranch, etc. (whatever you want on your tacos)
- So I use the bag of frozen chicken breasts and I just thaw them. I keep a stock of them in the Freezer so its easy to grab and use! So I get those out and I always wash mine off and get rid of any fatty pieces.
- I put the chicken breasts in the crock pot on the very bottom.
- I dump in the jar of salsa, corn, beans and enchilada sauce.
- then I add my taco seasoning, a little ranch powder, and some salt+pepper.
- I stir it all around and I add a bit of water if its super thick.
- Then I just let it cook. I Always cook it on high for about 3-4 hours but on low will work too! Just make sure your chicken is good and cook.
- Then I take the chicken breasts out and I shred them with two forks and dump it all back in and let it simmer together for about 30-45 minutes.
- We normally eat this for tacos but you can eat it on salads, rice, make enchiladas, etc. We love to eat it on rice if I have a bit more time! But we are mainly taco people!