This soup recipe is beyond yummy. I honestly suck at making lasagna, but this soup is so tasty and it came out perfectly. It also is super easy to make with only using one pot! (I love these types of recipes!) It refrigerates nicely for left overs the next day, and my (almost) two year old loved it!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 yellow onion diced
- garlic salt
- 1 jar of pasta sauce
- 6-8 cups cups of chicken broth
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1.5 teaspoons granulated sugar
- dried basil, dried parsley, dried oregeno, salt & pepper
- 10 uncooked lasagna noodles (i did about 15 cause i wanted extra)
- 1 tub of cottage cheese or ricotta cheese
- shredded mozzerella (add as much or little as you’d like)
- Heat large soup pot over medium heat. Add beef and diced onion, cook by stirring occasionally. Add garlic salt and saute for 30-60 seconds. Drain any excess fat/grease.
- Add pasta sauce, 6 cups of chicken broth, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar and spices.
- break the uncooked noodles into small squares. Then add the noodles into the pot.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook until noodles are tender. (20-30 minutes)
- Add cheeses to your soup and mix together.
- garnish with extra mozzerella or parmesan cheese.