*Affiliate Disclosure. Any/all of the links below are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from sales of certain items to help my family, but the price is the same for you.*
Trying to go out when you have kids is honestly one of the hardest things and the #1 reason T and I don’t go out weekly. You have to get a babysitter, which costs money, then you go spend money and most the time you sit 1. talking about your kids and 2. worrying about your kids so it’s just hard financially and mentally to go out without your kids. But you don’t always want to take two little hellions out and about when its time for bedtime, they are so tired and angry at the world that it makes you and your spouse even angrier. T and I have gotten pretty use to having some at home date nights after the kids go to bed because it is just easier in the long run. We first started at getting our kids at a earlier bedtime because we use to all just go to bed at the same time and we never had time for date nights. Now our kids go to bed almost 2 hours before we like to so we have time to spend together doing things.
- Date Box | We have used this monthly subscription date box in the past but canceled when we got severely behind (during my last pregnancy). We are going to start using it again because they provide fun, and easy date nights in a box once a month for you and your spouse. They range from paint nights to making your own candles and roasting s’mores. It honestly is so fun to have a night planned with a unique twist on it. They have given me a discount code to share with you all. Use code SINCEREBLONDE for $10 off your first box!
- Fort + Movie Night | Make a cute fort by gathering blankets, twinkle lights, popcorn, favorite drink, and cuddle and watch a movie. We like to do this in our bedroom with our laptop or on the couch! It is one of our favorite at home date nights to have!
- Make Pizza | This is one of our favorite date nights. We feed the kids dinner and then the two of us make homemade personal pizzas and then always end up watching one of our favorite TV shows while eating it!
- Game Night | Playing games is one of our favorite activities. It brings out the competition in each other and you can make deals where whoever wins/looses owes the other person XXXX. It makes for a fun, laughable night!
- At home spa night | This is for more of the romantic date night that we all love. We love to turn on twinkle lights in the bathroom, run a hot bath, light a few candles, make it super romantic feeling. After we always do at home massages and have a relaxing night! Play some soft calming music, and burn some essential oils. Some of our favorite at home spa products are: Massage Oil, Bath Bomb, Bubble Bath, Hot Rocks, Oil Diffuser, Favorite Oil.
- Face Masks & Chocolate Dipped Strawberries | Man do I love some face masks, relaxing music, and chocolate dipped strawberries! This is one of our favorite activities to do together and is so cheap!
- Making Dinner | Another one of our favorite date nights is to make the kids a quick and easy dinner and get them to bed. Then the two of us will make more of a complex, fun dinner together and sit down, eat and talk about life.
Hopefully a few of these ideas will help make your next date night amazing and fun!!