I recently did a Instagram video sharing all about my favorite pair of jeans and I had so many people want to see my current beauty routine! I love beauty and I love makeup. Buying new makeup is considered a “hobby” because I honestly love trying new products. My current makeup routine is pretty much the same everyday. I always get into a good routine and I stick to it everyday because its what I am comfortable with.
While we are on the topic of makeup, I recently tried the Tarte Shape Tape Foundation. At first I loved it but then after a few days of wearing it, I noticed I was starting to break out with a small texture on my forehead and yeah I wasn’t digging it. I stopped using it and my skin instantly went back to normal. I am bummed because I loved the consistency and coverage it provided but I am going to put it away for right now and give it another try in a few weeks! *Affiliate Disclosure. Any/all of the links below are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from sales of certain items to help my family, but the price is the same for you.*
I start off my makeup routine with my skin care routine. By having a consistent skincare routine, it helps keep your makeup the best of the best. I firmly believe that it doesn’t matter what products you use, you need a good skincare routine first.
- Prep | I am currently using a few items to prep my skin with before applying my makeup. Prepping is a huge step in my makeup routine to make sure that my skin will look perfect upon applying the heavy stuff. After washing and moisturizing my skin, I spray Mac Prep+Prime+Fix all over my face and let it dry. A few of my other primers that I will occasionally use is Urban Decay Primer and Smashbox Primers.
- Foundation | So like I said above, I was using Tarte Shape Tape Foundation but it was causing my skin some texture so I converted back to my go to favorite- Wet N Wild Photo Focus. I have been loving this foundation for a while now and the price point is so perfect at only $5.99. But if you have dry skin make sure to use a oil beforehand because it can cause dryness since it is a matte foundation. This is my favorite face oil. When applying my foundation, I like to use a beauty blender. Any blender is fine, but make sure to get it damp before application. Apply your foundation all over your face until it is blended.
- Conceal | I have been using Cover Girl Outlast All Day Concealer for a while now and its easily a go to favorite. I love the tip on the end and how easy it is to apply. I apply this under my eyes, lower cheek bones, chin, nose, and forehead. Then I use the same beauty blender to blend it in.
- Powder | I use a light weight powder to “bake” with. I have been using Revolution baking powder for a few weeks now and it goes on seamlessly, and easy! After I apply that to the areas where I just applied concealer, I go through with my Kat Von D Shade Light palette and apply the two lightest shades under my eyes to help brighten it up.
- Bronze + Blush | I have been using the Benefit Cheek Parade Palette for what feels like forever. It’s the easiest palette to use everyday because it has different color options which I love.
- Brows | Now it’s time for my most favorite step: BROWS! I have been using the Benefit Ka-Brow Promade and I love it. I don’t use it with the brush that comes with it, I use the Anastasia Brow Brush but it is my most favorite brow filler to use.
- Eye Shadow | I love buying shadow palette’s. I buy a new one way more then I should but I have a few favorites that I use everyday. My top favorite is the Morphe X Jaclyn Hill Palatte. I love this palette for several reasons: the colors, the opacity, the no fall out.. it honestly makes my makeup look sooo much better. A couple of my other favorites are: Lorac Unzipped, Anastasia Renaissance, and Morphe 35F.
- Eye Liner | I don’t wear liner on the top and its very minimal on the bottom, I only apply to the waterline but I have loved using the Morphe Liner. One container has lasted me so long and it stays put with watery eyes, tears and daily wear.
- Mascara | Time for my other favorite thing- mascara. I love applying mascara and getting my lashes looking good. I have a few favorite mascaras but my go to everyday ones are: Lo’Real Paris Voluminous , Stila Extreme Lash Too Faced Better than sex.
- Lips | My newest favorite lip product is the Buxom Lip Glosses. I love me some LipSense but I don’t always like colors so I love wearing some Buxom lipgloss that helps plump my lips up and makes them shiny soft.
So that’s it. My current, everyday makeup routine and what products I use! Make sure to check out my Instagram stories/highlights for a detailed tutorial on how I apply each product.