This soup recipe is beyond yummy. I honestly suck at making lasagna, but this soup is so tasty and it came out perfectly. It also is super easy to make with only using one pot! (I love these types of recipes!) It refrigerates nicely for left overs the next day, and my (almost) two year old loved it!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 yellow onion diced
- garlic salt
- 1 jar of pasta sauce
- 6-8 cups cups of chicken broth
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1.5 teaspoons granulated sugar
- dried basil, dried parsley, dried oregeno, salt & pepper
- 10 uncooked lasagna noodles (i did about 15 cause i wanted extra)
- 1 tub of cottage cheese or ricotta cheese
- shredded mozzerella (add as much or little as you’d like)
- Heat large soup pot over medium heat. Add beef and diced onion, cook by stirring occasionally. Add garlic salt and saute for 30-60 seconds. Drain any excess fat/grease.
- Add pasta sauce, 6 cups of chicken broth, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar and spices.
- break the uncooked noodles into small squares. Then add the noodles into the pot.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook until noodles are tender. (20-30 minutes)
- Add cheeses to your soup and mix together.
- garnish with extra mozzerella or parmesan cheese.
I have a love hate relationship with cooking. I love being able to sit down with T and enjoy a home cook, all from scratch i might add meal. However, when I turn and look at my kitchen & my sink I want to cringe because when making a home cooked meal it requires a lot of dishes. Well at least it does when I cook! Anyways, this is T and I’s favorite go to meal. Its in a crock pot, its so easy and it tastes home made (which it mainly is but you get the idea.)
- chicken breasts
- jar of salsa
- can of corn
- can of red enchilada sauce
- taco seasoning
- can of beans
- ranch powder
- taco shells
- cheese, sour cream, ranch, etc. (whatever you want on your tacos)
- So I use the bag of frozen chicken breasts and I just thaw them. I keep a stock of them in the Freezer so its easy to grab and use! So I get those out and I always wash mine off and get rid of any fatty pieces.
- I put the chicken breasts in the crock pot on the very bottom.
- I dump in the jar of salsa, corn, beans and enchilada sauce.
- then I add my taco seasoning, a little ranch powder, and some salt+pepper.
- I stir it all around and I add a bit of water if its super thick.
- Then I just let it cook. I Always cook it on high for about 3-4 hours but on low will work too! Just make sure your chicken is good and cook.
- Then I take the chicken breasts out and I shred them with two forks and dump it all back in and let it simmer together for about 30-45 minutes.
- We normally eat this for tacos but you can eat it on salads, rice, make enchiladas, etc. We love to eat it on rice if I have a bit more time! But we are mainly taco people!
\ I hope you love it! IT turns out SO yummy and it is one of my go to meals because its mainly using all pantry supplies, if your out of one of the supplies, its okay just move past it!